If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, November 10, 2011

More Crafting & Surgery Update

We have soooo enjoyed being home.  I think because we were gone for an extended period of time (not just a week or two for vacation), it has made returning home even that more special.  The trees are gorgeous, the weather has been perfect and it has been great seeing old friends in Kroger and Target!!!

Yesterday was laundry and crafting day (notice how I get crafting in every day!).  I never thought I would be excited to do laundry but it was so nice to wash, dry and fold seven loads of laundry in the comfort of my own home and not have to pay $1.50 to wash and $1.00 to dry!  It's the little things that make me happy.

Yesterday was my friend Carol's birthday so we all went out to celebrate last night.  We had so much fun and I love that I was home and in my pj's by 9:00.


I painted her my cross/tree with a Bible verse.


Getting into the Spirit of the holidays.


I had the windows open while I was painting and Kobe decided to keep me company.  He is so crazy.


In the midst of all this fun we are having, the realization that Spencer is having surgery next Tuesday (11/15) really struck me this morning.  For those of you who aren't aware, Spencer's voice has steadily gotten worse (quieter) over the past 10 years since the diagnosis of his brain stem tumor.  It is a culmination of things but mainly from his trach he had for seven years and, the location of the brain stem tumor (which was in the area of the brain stem that affects breathing, swallowing and voice box, among other things).  The surgery is expected to take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours with Spencer being in-patient at ACH for 2 to 4 days.  Dr. Richter's main objective is to increase the quality and tone of Spencer's voice.


While we are praying for God to bless Spencer with a strong voice, I am also praying for God to perform a miracle and grant Spencer's desire to eat by mouth.  I know that Dr. Richter has told us that this surgery will absolutely have no effect on Spencer's swallowing.  However, I feel that God has really been laying on my heart to expect, ask and believe in the unexpected.  I hope that you will join me in lifting up Spencer and asking God to perform this miracle.  We know that God has given Spencer a wonderful platform to show others the power of the Holy Spirit and I await with wondrous anticipation to see His plan for Spencer's life.


"Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives.  Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom He gives.  Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts."
~Colossians 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment