If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Grand Canyon Adventure

We rolled into our hotel at the Grand Canyon last night at 5:30 p.m.  The drive from LA to Arizona was pretty non-eventful (thank goodness).  One surprise we did have was that there was no phone or internet service at the Grand Canyon.  It was kind of nice to know that there's still a place on earth that can't disturb God's wonderful beauty.  The boys, however, were not happy.
There is no way a picture can portray the absolute awesomeness of this place.

The temperature this morning at the Grand Canyon was a balmy 22 degrees!  Holy Moly, I had shorts on!  We quickly shed the shorts for long pants and coats but I still wore my flip flops.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day.

Thank goodness I had gloves, ear muffs and hats in my car from my winter running days in Little Rock.

Spencer's wingspan compared to the American Condor's wingspan. 

Spencer convinced his brother to drink from the spigot.  I guess I don't need to tell you he had water all over him.

Two cute boys in front of one awesome view.

We left the Grand Canyon at 1:00 p.m. and arrived in Albuquerque, New Mexico at 7:30 p.m.  This was one of our stops on our way to Los Angeles so we knew where we wanted to stay.  I am praying for a nice, quiet evening, a good night's sleep and a safe day of driving tomorrow.  The boys want to drive straight through (15 hours) to Little Rock tomorrow.....we'll see.

Hope you all had a great day.

"And so, since we have been justified by His grace, we become heirs with the confident expectation of eternal life."
~Titus 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment