If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We're home & happy to be here

Amazingly, Spencer and I walked through our front door at 9:35 a.m. this morning.  What a wonderful surprise for us as we were prepared to be there all day waiting for discharge papers.  

We are anticipating nothing but wonderful results from this surgery.  Dr. Richter said it will take three to six months to see the effects it will have on his voice but we are so glad that Spencer is able to talk immediately after surgery and not have to be on "voice rest".  
As you can imagine, we have not done anything today except hold the couch down and watch a movie.  Poor Spencer didn't get any sleep last night so he rested his eyes this afternoon.
He's so sweet.  This boy NEVER complains which makes me "hover" even more because I am always trying to figure out if he is in any pain.  Today, I have been giving him pain meds every four hours regardless of whether he asks for it...there's no reason to suffer if you have something to keep it at bay.

Cole has been so sweet catering to his bro bro.  Brad and I wonder how we were blessed with such awesome young men.

Thank you so much for all your prayers during surgery yesterday, and for your continued prayers.  I can not imagine facing these challenges without my prayer warriors.

Love to you all.

"I am grateful to the One who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because He considered me faithful in putting me into ministry."
~1 Timothy 1:12


No comments:

Post a Comment