If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day Five of Recovery & Crafting Out of Control

Look who's feeling better!!!

I am so happy to see his smiling face this morning as soon as he got out of bed.  Thank you Dr. Mindy for your advice of combining Advil with the Oxycodone.  That has made all the difference in the world.  Love it!!!

Brad, Cole and Cole's friend Damon went to a tailgate party yesterday at the Hogs game in Little Rock and were gone all afternoon.  Today's tailgate parties are not like the ones I grew up going to...these include a dining table and chairs, real plates and silverware and a big screen tv set up for anyone who didn't have a ticket to the game.  Nice.

While the boys have been busy recuperating and watching sports, I have gone crafting crazy.  I love working with burlap so I got an idea to make a table runner for my dining room table.  Since our table is "technically" a conference table and is over 8 feet long, I can never find a runner.

I bought the burlap at Hob Lob...

drew my designs with chalk to make sure I liked the placement...

 used acrylic paint...

and hot glued ribbon to the edges so it wouldn't fray.  Voila!

I love how it turned out.  I'll post pictures tomorrow of the funky stockings I made to hang outside.

A special order.  It's hard to tell from this picture but she wanted the background to be black.  I like how this one turned out.

So, today I think I have convinced Brad to help me put up some Christmas decorations.  We won't put up our huge tree because I won't have time to take it down before we head back to LA, and I KNOW that Brad will not take it down by himself. ;)  I think we'll hike the woods and see if we can find one to cut down.

Thank you so much for all your prayers this past week.  We couldn't do it without you.

"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers."
~Philemon 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment