If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Revival, Nine Weeks Exams & Packing

What a busy week this has been and it's only Wednesday.  We have had revival at our church, beginning Saturday night.  It has been an incredible experience.  I love how God has used the guest pastors to speak directly to my heart on issues that I have been praying about.  Our God is definitely an awesome God.

Our plan is to go trick-or-treating with the Shea's Monday night and then hit the road on Tuesday to head home to Little Rock.  We need to be home and try to get acclimated at least a week before Spencer has his surgery on November 15th.  I've already started packing things, getting rid of things and trying to figure out where we are going to put everything in the car.  It's a good thing I'm married to a man who can pack a grown elephant in a cigar box!

Spencer is going to be taking all of his nine-week exams before we leave on Tuesday.  I don't blame him; I wouldn't want that hanging over my head on the ride home, either.  Fortunately, Cole is two weeks behind Spencer so he won't take his until we are back in L.R. Spencer has been so diligent in his studying and after quizzing him on his English, I can safely say he is ready to take that tomorrow!  You gotta love when he can spell words that I cannot even pronounce.

Kari Shea and the kids came by tonight to pick up Cole.  Spencer and I didn't go to the last night of revival because I have a killer headache and he is studying.  Look what she painted for Spencer...
Isn't that amazing?!  For my friends who don't know what this is, this is "Tusk" the Arkansas Razorbacks' mascot.  She is a fabulous artist.  He already knows where he is going to hang this in his room.

Yesterday, Kari and her cousin Lisa, invited me to go with them to see "Ellen".  We had standby tickets and even though we got there early, we were not able to get in to the studio but, instead, got to sit in the "Rif Raf" room, which is adjacent to the studio and where they have all the Ellen merchandise for sale.  We were disappointed that we didn't get to see the show live but they offered us tickets to her show on February 29th!  We are excited.

Well, guess I will go help Spencer study for his science exam.  I hope you have all had a great week thus far.

"But you belong to God, my dear children.  You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world."
~I John 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment