If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another Gig & Australian Footy

I received a call Thursday night at 10:15 p.m. from the production company who was in charge of filming the new music video for Tinka from the Disney show "Shake It Up" asking me if Cole could be on the set Friday morning at 8:30 a.m. to be an extra in the video.  Of course, I was asleep when he called so it took a moment for the cobwebs to clear and for me to understand that no, this was not an audition but he was actually being BOOKED for the show!


Friday morning found us part of the crazy morning commute and the insane amount of traffic.  After getting lost (twice) we finally found the set, which was in the middle of Griffith Park.  After arriving, we were approached by the "set teacher" who informed me that Cole would owe her three hours of schoolwork while working on the set.  After going back to the apartment to get all his school books and paperwork and fighting traffic, I made it back to the set in only an hour.  The sad part?  We're only five miles from the Park!!


All I can say is "What a wonderful experience!!!!"  Everyone from the Director to the caterer was super nice and made us feel so comfortable.  The video will be used to promote Tinka's new single as well as promote the movie "Treasure Buddies" which star the adorable golden retriever puppies.  The video should begin airing on the Disney Channel in eight to ten weeks and the movie will be released on DVD in Spring 2012.


Guess who I hung out with on the set...
meet Beatrice!  She is a 12-week-old French Bulldog.  I kept texting pictures to Brad but he refused to take the bait.


Look who else was on set...
meet Cadillac!  He is a 12-week-old golden retriever.  All I can say is, "I WANT HIM!!!"


While on set between filming, the kiddos worked on schoolwork.
They look as though they are enjoying school a little more than I did at that age.


The four stars of Shake It Up were so incredibly nice.
This is Kenton Duty who is Gunther on the show.  He is awesome.



Meet Davis Cleveland who plays Flynn, the 9-year-old superstar.


This is Chris (extra), Caitlyn (extra), Adam Irigoen (Deuce on Shake It Up), Cole (extra crazy) and Anna Lea (extra).  There were four members of Shake It Up and four extras.  I don't know how they picked these four cutie pies for the extras but these kids had the time of their lives.


Filming finally wrapped at 6:30 and we rolled into the apartment at 7:00 p.m.  Ten minutes later, Coppelia and Freya were standing at our door looking so cutesy and ready to whisk us off to an Australian Pub downtown on Melrose Avenue to watch Australian Footy in the final game which was equivalent to our Super Bowl.  Can you say W-I-L-D?!
I took this picture about an hour before the game started.  By the start of the game, there were hundreds of people sitting around us.  I think I could watch that game everyday for the next 20 years and still not understand it but at least we had a great time.


We got home at 11:30 p.m. and fell into bed.  What an amazing day.


Today, we rest.


"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty."
~Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment