If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crafty Fun & Football

When I woke up this morning I was in such a funk because we didn't have anything planned and mostly, because I was homesick.  I am missing my animals, my friends and especially my husband.   But my attitude improved tremendously when Kari Shea called and asked Spencer and I to come over (Cole spent the night with Logan last night) so Spencer could watch football and she and I could paint!  Oh my, I have missed my arts & crafts.  We had so much fun!

Kari is so incredibly talented!  I love all of her artwork.  She painted two of these to hang in their family room and now, she is taking orders to custom paint pictures but she is donating 100% of the proceeds to Andrew's choir group at school.  You've got to love smart and talented.

I painted my "usual" pictures and Spencer told me it was time to start using brighter colors and different images.  Guess I'll be making a change.

We spent all afternoon over there and it did my heart good.  Don't you just love good friends.

Cole came home with us, showered, packed a change of clothes and headed back over to the Shea's.  Logan was having friends over tonight and Kari graciously offered for Cole to spend the night again.

Cole received his first paycheck today from his music video he filmed a couple of weeks ago!  
After taxes, the manager's fee, the 15% in his savings account and his tithes, he had $80 left!  He was so proud and we are so proud for him.

Spencer and Freya spent some time this afternoon going over Algebra.  Freya is GREAT at math and she has been an absolute Godsend for Spencer, not only as a friend but as a great tutor.
We are really going to miss Freya and Coppelia when they head home to Australia next Tuesday.

Spencer and I are watching the Rangers & Tigers play baseball.  I'm ready for bed but, of course, it's only 7:47 p.m.  I hope I make it to 9:00.

I'm looking forward to church tomorrow and maybe something exciting and fun...you just never know what may be in store.

Hope you all had a great day.

"Now may the God of peace -- who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood -- may He equip you will all you need for doing His will."
~Hebrews 13:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment