If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lazy Day & New Project

It was quiet today, way too quiet to suit Spencer and I.  I guess we are so used to being busy that by 2:45 p.m. today, I was ready to pull my hair out because we had nothing going on.

Fortunately, Coppelia showed up at 3:00 and said, "Let's go to Chinatown."  Woohoo!  You know I'm always up for an adventure so off we went with me driving and her giving me directions.  I guess I must have taken to driving like a true Californian because when we pulled into the parking garage, Coppelia was gripping the handle above the door like it was her lifeline and telling me that she will now be making a hair appointment to cover all the gray I just put in her hair.  Oopsie.  Guess I need to curtail my LA driving before I return to Little Rock.

We found some interesting items...
Sassy girl.

Cute as a button.

We didn't find anything we couldn't live without but we had a great time and did lots of laughing.  Perfect afternoon.

The boys and I studied for tests tomorrow and now everyone has gone their separate ways.  We have done great in this small apartment but I think we will all be so excited to have our own rooms when we get home.

One thing I have noticed in LA is how many people are standing on the street corner with a sign saying they are homeless or just lost their job.  When I was growing up, we had circumstances that if it had not been for my grandparents, I think we would have been in the same place as these people.  I just want to do something but instead of just handing them a dollar or two, I really wanted to do something more.  So the boys and I went to the 99 cent store and got supplies....
For less than $25, I bought enough supplies to fill 10 bags with a water bottle, a comb, a bar of soap, small pkg of Kleenex, granola bar, lemon drops, chapstick, comb, pen & paper.  I stapled the bag shut and then on the outside I attached a McDonald's gift certificate and a little note letting them know someone was praying for them.
It's always nice to know someone is thinking of you.

Then I put them in a box and put them in my backseat of my car and when I come upon someone, I will have something substantial to give them....
It's not a lot but hopefully, it will make a difference.  I am definitely going to continue to do this when I get home.

Our four day break from school was just what we all needed and it seems to make this week more manageable.  I can't believe we only have three weeks left!

Hope you have had a great day.

"The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."
~Psalm 121:8


No comments:

Post a Comment