If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh my gosh, it was a crazy day!

At 9:00 a.m., Cole and I were out the door and on our way to see Josh, his acting coach, to go over the script for this morning's audition.    Unfortunately, I didn't realize when I left this morning that I wouldn't be spending any time at home until 9:00 p.m.  I definitely should have put more thought and consideration into my choice of footwear today.  Although my wedges we extremely cute, the term "style over comfort" would have to apply.

Cole had an audition at 11:30 for a new pilot with Disney.  In the past, we have referred to these auditions as "cattle calls".  You know, "herd" in five actors at a time and then "herd" them out.  Today's audition was different.  It was just Cole with two producers.  Pretty exciting.  They must have liked what they saw and heard because they have asked him back to read more scenes on Friday.

Cole and I headed home with thoughts of a quiet lunch but that was not to be.  We have a young couple that has moved in upstairs and they are from India.  I talked with the husband last night when they first arrived.  I really cannot imagine traveling to a different country and not knowing anyone and barely speaking the language.  Anyway, Nichita (I'm guessing on the spelling) and her husband are here while he is doing contract work for Warner Brothers.  Cole and I offered to take her to the grocery store and she and Cole hit it off immediately.  He totally understands what she is saying, while I just stand there with a smile on my face, shaking my head in agreement while not understanding one word.  Evidently, I do that a lot when people are speaking to me that I don't understand.  The boys say I do the same thing with Victor, who is our maintenance man for the apartments.  When he's talking to me, he starts out in English then switches to Spanish mid-sentence and then goes back to English.  I just stand there and shake my head!  Spencer tells me not to agree with him if I don't know what he is saying...maybe he is offering to take these teenagers off my hands!  Ha!

Anyway, after our interesting and learning experience at the grocery store, I took Spencer to his workout.  Bless his heart, he has been on his own all day but he never complains.  In fact, when we got home tonight, he looked quite content sitting at his desk watching football and listening to sports radio.

Cole had to be at the Warner Brothers studio at 2:45 p.m. to start recording his ADR for the movie "The Odd Life of Timothy Green".  What an incredible experience.  The Warner Brothers "compound" is HUGE!  I dropped Cole off at Gate #3 and then had to park in the parking deck and walk to his recording studio.  No one informed me that once I parked my car, I was 542 miles from his studio!  Oh well, I got some interesting pictures along my walk...
Imagine my surprise while trying to find Cole and I walked upon this "fake" neighborhood.  It was so cool!

After asking directions several times (I was lost for 30 minutes!), I happened upon this door...
It's fake!  Just a painted door!  (Can you tell I am easily amused?!)

Anyway, after passing the set where Ellen was being taped, I finally found Cole.  The taping went great, he had an awesome day and we met some amazing people.  He has one more day of work on Thursday and I'm already preparing by making sure I wear my running shorts and shoes!

We also learned today that Cole got another callback (his 3rd) for another Disney pilot (I can't list the name for fear of being killed!).  WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!  Now, granted, he may not get the part but what an honor to be asked to be in front of the producers three times.

I am happy to report that I am in my pj's, with my glass of wine and ready for bed.  Oh, and even though I got lost several times today, I only got honked at twice!  Yeah!

I hope your day has been as exciting as ours!

"May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus."
~Romans 15:5

"

1 comment:

  1. So proud of the boys and proud of you for keeping up, I'm exhausted from reading this....

    ReplyDelete