If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Audition & Putt Putt Fun

Today was the most exciting day we have had since Brad was in town.  I think we have kind of been in a rut lately since Cole hasn't had any auditions.  All we seem to do is school and workout sessions for Spencer.  So today, I decided to liven it up a bit.

Cole and I rode our bikes to Michael's Craft Store this morning which is in the same shopping center as Target.  The day was absolutely GORGEOUS!  Clear blue skies and 60 degrees...I can think of no better weather.

At 2:00, Cole and I headed to Santa Monica for an audition.  We were in and out in 30 minutes (if he gets a callback, we will hear from them on Monday) and headed home in the afternoon traffic.  It was kind of smoggy downtown but I never get tired of looking at the mountains...
Beautiful.

Of course, my ride home is always highlighted by the crazy person I am riding with....

I decided to insert some fun into our life so we found a miniature golf course about 10 minutes away in Sherman Oaks (10 minutes if you travel the freeway at 3:00 a.m.; 30 minutes if you go at a normal time of day).  I went ready to win.

These two also came to win.  They are ruthless.

This was the coolest putt putt coarse we have ever played.  

They had cute wildlife, which is always a plus with me!

Hole #5 which was very cool.

After this hole was when it got very interesting... first, Spencer hit the ball and it went into the pond.  On the next hole, he hit the ball and hit Cole in the head!  Somehow, he got his ball airborne and whacked Cole smack in the noggin.  If only I had been filming it and we could have submitted it to America's Funniest Videos!  But, seriously, Cole is fine and this should serve as a warning for anyone playing ANY sport with Spencer.  He is rough and tumble.

I won (!!!!!!!!!) with a total of 52 for 18 holes (picture me doing my happy dance).  Spencer came in second with a 62 and Cole had a 64 and a knot on his head. 

I am so happy we got out and had some fun.  I'm already thinking of something fun to do tomorrow.

What did you do today that was fun?

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him."
~Philippians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment