If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Painting & Family Time

It was a beautiful, cool autumn day in Southern Cali today.  The temperature actually dipped down to 59 degrees!  It was heaven.

I am working on a new painting project so I spent the morning on the porch in blissful silence.  With the cool temperatures and the time to do something I love, it made for one happy mama for the entire day.

The boys worked hard at school and then we headed to Spencer's workout session this afternoon.  As I pulled into a parking space in front of the gym, this is what I saw parked next to me...
h-e-l-l-o gorgeous!  Sasha was waiting on her owner to come out of Lens Crafters so she and I visited.  So sweet.

My Grandfather's brother, Uncle Chuck, and his wife Velma live in Burbank.  Uncle Chuck and Grandaddy reconnected in 1990 after 50 years of being strangers.  They have the same dad but different mothers and Uncle Chuck started looking for family members through a genealogy website.  What a wonderful reunion they had and how our family loves them.  So, Uncle Chuck and Aunt Velma came over to meet the boys for the first time and then took Cole and I out to dinner at the Smoke House, which is a Burbank legend.  We didn't see any movie stars but we had a fabulous dinner and an even better visit.
We are so blessed with a wonderful family.

I've made it till 9:20 p.m. before falling in bed!  By the time I am used to Pacific Coast time, I will be back in Little Rock.  Only 10 days left in LA.

Did you have cool weather today?

"And Nehemiah continued, 'Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared.  This is a sacred day before our Lord.  Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!'"
~Nehemiah 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment