If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

RAIN!

We woke this morning to the beautiful sound of RAIN!  It has not rained one day since we arrived on August 20th (the last time they got rain was the end of June).  Oh how I love the sound, the smell and the coolness the rain brings.

All the talk on the tv and the radio yesterday was reminding the great citizens of LA not to freak out when it started raining.  I was laughing.  It sounded so much like our weathermen in Arkansas when we get snow.  People were literally standing in the parking lot at Target and looking expectantly toward the sky.  These people should come to AR.

I ran errands all morning while the boys worked on school.  When I went to Staples, the Burbank Adoption Agency was next door.  Lest you think this was a children's adoption center, they have the adoptees in the window...
Baby sweeties!  It was all I could do not to rush in, do a "snatch and grab" and then explain to Brad Ewing that I "found" this baby in the neighborhood.  I didn't think he would fall for it and I am absolutely positive Kobe would not be happy with a new addition to the Ewing feline family.

Cole worked with Josh, his acting coach, for an hour and a half going over his scripts for his two auditions today.  At 4:30, he has his third Producer's Session callback for a pilot with Disney and at 6:00, he has his second Producer's Session callback for a different pilot with Disney.  He is pumped!  The only thing I am concerned about is the distance between the two auditions...the first audition is in Burbank and the second one is smack dab downtown LA.  I may have to start driving like a true Californian.

We all slept late this morning, which is so unusual for Spencer.  He must have been lulled by the rain.  He got up, got ready and started working on school.  Cole, well not so much...
he was perfectly happy to stay snuggled under the covers and play on Facebook.

Brad will be here Friday night and we SO EXCITED!  He won't be able to stay for a long weekend but we are happy with two days.  The next time he flies in town will be the end of October when we will be driving home.  I can't believe the time has passed so fast.

Tomorrow I will tell you about our adventures with Nichita, our neighbor from India.  Cole and I took her to the grocery store and tomorrow I am taking her to Best Buy.  I am definitely going to have Coppelia accompany us because she understands Nichita and all I do is constantly ask her to repeat herself.  Ugh.

Hope you all have a great day!

"When the ground soaks up the rain that falls on it and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has the blessing of God."
~Hebrews 6:7

No comments:

Post a Comment