If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Relaxing Saturday

We had such a relaxing and fun day today.  Cole, Brad and I headed out to the Farmer's Market this morning, leaving Spencer behind to yell at the tv during the OU vs. Texas game.  Needless to say, Spencer was extremely happy with the OU win.

It's amazing all the good food they have at the FM...everything is organic and very reasonably priced.  We loaded up on lots of veggies and honey for me and steaks for the boys.  We will be grilling out tomorrow night with our neighbors.

After the FM, we walked around downtown Burbank to see some of the shops.  I love this part of town.
This is the bike rack....of course, "goofy" just had to show off.

We saw a Halloween costume shop and we stopped in to check out the goods.
Hello, Thor!

After our sight-seeing, we headed home, grabbed Spencer and the neighbors and headed to the park across the street to play a little two-hand-touch football.  I was so glad to spend time with everyone but way too preoccupied to really play the game.  I mean, there was some serious people watching to be done (after all, we are in LA).  I'm like the little kid in the outfield on the t-ball team; I'm doing everything except paying attention to the game.  I don't know who won but I think everyone had a great time.

We headed over to the Shea's house at 4:00 to watch the Razorback game.  I just love them!  They always welcome us with open arms even when they have things going on.  Today was Andrew's 18th birthday and Olivia had an audition at 7:15 p.m. but they still made time for us to come over.  I haven't seen Kari for two weeks (she was out of town last weekend) so it was like not seeing my sister and having to play catch-up.  I love that God has blessed us with awesome friends in this city.
A happy piggie!

We're back at the apartment and just hanging out.  It is so nice to all be together.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  His faithful love endures forever."
~Psalm 136:1

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss seeing you and the boys, but love reading your posts and keeping up. Tell Spencer I love his taste in football - OU over Texas - woo hoo! (Randy graduated from OU!)....

    Think about ya'll and saying prayers for good things, which sounds like what is happening. Love to all of you!

    October 10, 2011 7:38 PM

    ReplyDelete