If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, October 21, 2011

Indian Market Adventure and TGIF!

This morning, Nichita and I headed to the Indian Market that is about 10 minutes from our apartment.  As we were driving, I was marveling at what an amazing person she is at such a young age.  She is only 25 years old and already, she has her double master's degree in philosophy and is working toward a Ph D.  She was teaching at the college in India before she and Jeddup came to California.  Although she has known Jeddup for four years, their's was an arranged marriage and they have only been married since last December and she is expecting a baby next March.  I am amazed at how brave and adventuresome this amazing 25-year-old is and wonder if I was like that at 25. 
This is their wedding photo she has in their apartment.

So, we went to a "real" Indian market so that she could get flour, but not just any flour.  This is a special type they use to make what we would call tortillas.  As we walked into the market, guess what greeted us...
Uh huh, my least favorite animal.  They couldn't have a dog or a cat?

They kept following us!  Every isle I went down, there they were.

We found the flour, made our purchase and were on our way back home in 15 minutes.  If you ever want to purchase Indian spices in 25 lb. bags, I can tell you just the place to go!

This afternoon was the usual workout for Spencer.  I stayed at the gym and observed him working with Anthony...I was amazed.  Spencer has made such huge accomplishments.  I am so proud of him.


We cooked on the grill tonight and Michelle and the kids came over and visited for a while.  Of course, now I'm ready for bed (hey, I made it until 9:00 p.m.) and the boys are outside playing.


Hope you had a great day today, too.


"Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"
~Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment