If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where did Thursday go?

I am finally home and sitting in my pj's and wondering where today went.  We hit the ground running (literally) early this morning and Cole and I just got home a half hour ago.

Cole had two auditions today...one was for a student film and one for a fishing commercial.  So, I decided I needed to go to my local thrift store (third time this week) and get him a fishing pole so he could practice casting.  Of course, when I visit said thrift store, I am the only person in there who is Caucasian who speaks southern English.  To say there is a language barrier is an understatement.  After asking several workers where their fishing poles were, I finally spoke to Paco (or Chico) and he directed me to the front of the store, behind the counter.  I arrived at the register which was jam lam packed with patrons and the girl directed me behind the counter and to the back corner.  Think of my surprise when instead of a fishing pole I found a prosthetic leg!  I know I have a very southern accent but does "fishing pole" and "prosthetic leg" sound the same to you?  I wanted to take a picture to post here but I was laughing too hard.  Needless to say, I didn't get the leg or a fishing pole.

Cole's first audition was at 3:00 and it was smack dab in the middle of downtown LA.  Good thing we left early...
We made the 3:00 appointment in plenty of time and then headed for our 5:00 audition in Santa Monica.  Same traffic; different part of town.  Someone was tired when we got done.
Both auditions went fine and if he gets a callback, we will hear by Sunday for both of them.

Spencer hung out at the apartment and finished school instead of going with us to Cole's auditions.  I love that he is so independent and can stay on his own.

We're tired but it has been a great day.  Hope you all have had a good day, too.

"You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me!  I sing for joy because of what You have done."
~Psalm 92:4

No comments:

Post a Comment