If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fun Weekend

Wow, Sunday already and I haven't blogged since Friday morning.  

Friday was a typical school day.  Lots of tests, not very much homework, but lots of groaning from some certain 13 year old who thought he should be exempt from algebra because it was the start of the weekend.  Um, no.

Saturday morning came early because there were chainsaws going full steam at 7:00 a.m.  When I went to investigate, this is what I found across the street...
No, that man is not standing on top of the building, he's actually standing on the side of the tree.  Evidently tree trimmers in Cali don't mess with a cherry-pickers...they run up these trees like they are a superhero.  In addition to running up the tree, they have a chainsaw dangling from one side of their belt and a machete on the other side.
When they are finished, they zip down the line from five stories up.  It's the craziest thing I have ever seen.  Of course, I was standing out there in my pjs taking pictures so I'm sure I was the craziest thing they had ever seen!


I came back in to tell the boys to come and look but they were busy with the college and NFL football schedule for this weekend.
Clueless to all the excitement going on outside.


The weather for the past two days has been PERFECT.  Sixty something degrees in the morning and upper seventies to low eighties during the day.  Cole and I didn't go for our run until 10:00 and it was still cool.  


The Shea's graciously invited us over to watch the Hogs on their big screen tv (ok, they invited Spencer over to watch the game and invited me over to snack and visit with the girls;).  We had so much fun.  They have an orange tree in their yard and it has the BEST oranges I have ever tested!  Darrin is always great about getting a bagful for me to take home.


Fun, fun, fun.


We headed to the outdoor mall after the game and look what we saw sitting at an outside table at one of the restaurants...
Meet Simon!  Isn't he adorable?!  He was on a leash and just sat there pretty as you please and watched everyone walk by.  I WANTED HIM!  I was almost willing to wrestle his parents and grab him and make a run for it but Cole said I would lose.  I'm having a really hard time without an animal. :(


Church was wonderful this morning, especially with the tribute to 9/11.  A very emotional service but very beautiful.


I thought today was going to be a day of rest but I obviously forgot that none of us had one stitch of clothing that was clean, so the day was spent doing laundry.  Oh, which reminds me, I have clean clothes in the dryer.


Logan, Allie and Olivia came over to swim with Cole.  Since Spencer doesn't like the water and because the NFL season started today, we did not see hide nor hair of him.


Crazy kids.


We had our regular rousing game of Apples to Apples tonight.  Now it's time for me to work on school schedules for next week and get in the bed early.  Tomorrow is going to be busy.


Hope you all had a great weekend!


"The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."
~Psalm 121:8

No comments:

Post a Comment