If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fun Friday

Our weather has been gorgeous here and yesterday was no exception.  Sixty degrees with zero humidity equals perfection in my book.  I hope all our hot days are behind us.

Cole went with a friend who lives here in the apartment complex, Aaron, to Santa Monica beach.  Because of storms they have had at sea, the waves were 3 to 5 FEET tall and the water was freezing.  Aaron's mom said the boys had a blast but she couldn't even stick her pinky toe in the water.  

Spencer and I hung out at the apartment.  He is still having some issues with his blood sugar and I am having a hard time getting it regulated.  It was 32 yesterday afternoon (I knew something was wrong because he couldn't even walk a straight line) but after he ate it was 180.  Ugh.  I will be contacting a doctor next week at the LA Children's Hospital and get him in to see someone.  

Megan, a cute little five-year-old that lives here, got everyone fake mustaches.  Don't they look great?
We said he looks like Hitler!  And can you believe he is wearing a jersey from any team besides the Razorbacks?  The Powell's that live upstairs are HUGE A & M fans and they brought Spencer this shirt to wear.  He will wear it on the days they DON'T play the Razorbacks.
Yo.
Motley Crew.

We had a huge cookout last night that was awesome.  Beef & chicken fajitas, beans, rice, bacon wrapped & cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, homemade pico, homemade guacamole, and the piece de resistance, Eton mess which is ice cream, meringue bits, marshmallows, bananas, strawberries, walnuts and layered with raspberry coulis and topped with home made chocolate sauce.  I need to run today but I am afraid I will need to run to San Francisco and back to work that off!  I know I have said this before but we really are so blessed with fabulous neighbors.

Today, I think Cole is heading back to the beach and Spencer has already informed me that he and Mr. Tim (from upstairs) will be watching football ALL DAY!  Guess I will see which of my sister chicks want to do some shopping.

Hope you all have a great day.

"Encourage those who are timid.  Take tender care of those who are weak.  Be patient with everyone."
~I Thessalonians 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment