If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Miss the South

We have loved having the opportunity to spend time in LA to follow Cole's dream.  It is so special to see if anything comes to fruition for him in Hollywood, but we know if it doesn't then God has a different plan for him.

So, when I say I miss the South, I don't want you to think I've got my whine on...I would just like to point out a few observations I have had over the past three weeks.

1.  These people do not know how to make REAL biscuits and gravy.  Gigi, I can't wait to get home and have you make me my own pan of homemade biscuits & gravy!

2.  If you are walking, running, or biking and you say "Hi" to anyone you pass, expect to get a very surprised look or no response at all.  Or, you get a look that is a mixture of, "Did that crazy person just say something to me?  Is she going to rob me?"  No Southern charm here.

3.  I miss driving around and seeing people I know.

4.  I miss people being nice when you drive.

5.  If you are going somewhere, anywhere, you need to allow an hour or more to get there.  

6.  You cannot just "run" into the grocery store or Target and pick up something.  It takes forever to find a parking place and even longer to check out.

7.  People wear the skimpiest clothes.  It is embarrassing not only to me, but the boys as well.

8.  I miss how Southern people love the Lord.  Even though we may all have different degrees of our faith, we believe in God.  It's been my experience that it is very unusual to find someone who openly professes a love or even an interest in God.

Tomorrow I will tell you some of the things I love about LA.

We're counting down the hours until Brad arrives on Thursday.  We are so excited to see him...three weeks is too long!

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand."
~Psalm 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment