If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Could You Live Without Your Phone?

This was the ironic question Cole asked me this morning as he, Spencer and I were playing cards (we don't usually take a "card" break at 10:00 a.m. but our apartment was being cleaned).  My response was that it would be an inconvenience but, yes, I could indeed live without my Iphone.  Not even five minutes later, my phone turned itself off and I could not get it to turn back on!  We tried everything but to no avail.  After a couple of hours, I drove to Glendale and went to the Apple store and they fixed it in less than five minutes.  Seems that sometimes your Iphone gets "tired" or "overheated" and the salesman just had to reboot it.  I know the feeling.  I'm happy to report that I did indeed survive without my phone but it's really not something I want to get use to...I know I'm spoiled.

We found out last night that Cole is going to be in a student film that is being filmed this weekend.  Part of it will be filmed in a park on Saturday and then on Sunday, we will take a road trip to Claremont, CA (about 45 minutes away) to film.  Student films are short films that are being produced by (usually) seniors at UCLA or USC who receive their final grade based on their work.  Just like with big budget films, there are good producers and not-so-good.  We are hoping this will be a good experience.

So, it's been a pretty quiet day for the most part.  The boys are studying for tests tomorrow and I'm thinking it's time for a glass of wine with a book by the pool.  I know, I know, I'm really spoiled!

Hope you all had a great day.

P.S.  If you got rain today, send it this way!  Hasn't rained in over three months and it's HOT!!!

"Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit.  All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."
~Colossians 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment