If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thrift Stores, Fall Soup and Terra Nova

Today was a gorgeous fall day.  Even the weather cooperated and the temps actually stayed in the upper 70's.

Cole and I headed out on our bikes this morning in search of a thrift store.  He has an audition on Friday and the "dress code" is slacks, messenger cap and suspenders.  We had everything except the suspenders so we went a-looking.  Cole found this and he was convinced he HAD to have it...
The helmet weighed more than he does!  The boy is crazy for anything that has to do with motorcycles.

So, I found these waders that are bright and reflective but have the suspenders attached.
Nice, huh?!  I spent a whole $1.00 and I'm going to use the reflective strips at the bottom of each leg and some two-sided tape to attach to my running shirt/jacket.  I'm sure we can find something inventive to do with what's left.

After our thrift store find, we rode bikes for an hour and then headed home to take Spencer to his work out.  We have increased his work out to three days a week and he is doing great.  He really enjoys the challenge.

For dinner, I made a huge pot of soup that I call Valerie's soup, because I got the recipe from her.  It was delish!  We were celebrating the last night for Lars and Hannah, who are heading home to Washington tomorrow.  We will miss you guys!
Lars was in LA to work on the visual effects for the new show Terra Nova.  After dinner and a game of Apples to Apples, everyone came to our apartment to watch the season premiere.  We had so much fun.


Now, it's late and we're off to bed.  I'm so glad we don't have anything planned early tomorrow.  I hope you all had a great Monday.


"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever."
~Psalm 74:26

No comments:

Post a Comment