If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Can't Believe It's Only Wednesday

You would think that since Labor Day was Monday, I would not expect today to be Thursday.  But when I woke up this morning, I was convinced it was indeed Thursday.  Oh well.

This morning started off pretty rough because we could not get Spencer's computer to read his DVD for school.  I didn't lose my cool; I just moved on to Cole's computer which played the DVD but with no picture, only sound.  I held my tongue and moved on to my computer which played it perfectly.  After he started school, I went outside with my coffee and my Bible and spent a long time out there talking to God.  I am so blessed to start my day with a little quiet time and a thankful heart for God.

One thing I have noticed while being in LA is that it is giving the boys a chance to spread their wings.  Being in the city and living within an apartment complex offers many opportunities for the boys to interact and do things they would not ordinarily have a chance to do at home.  I love watching them take to this new experience with gusto.  I especially love watching Spencer try new things that he probably would not do at home.  I will admit that it is sometimes hard for me to sit back and just let them "do".  Of course, I want to help and fix everything.  But, while they are spreading their wings and learning to fly, I am learning to stay put and let them succeed and fail.  Definitely not easy.

After the hiccup first thing this morning, we got all the computers working great and the rest of the day was smooth sailing.  At about 3:00p.m., I decided to ride our bike to the grocery store to get some french bread.
As Brad says, "She's a beauty!"  Cole is friends with Louisa, who is from Romania.  Louisa left today to fly back to Romania so she gave us her bike!  Wasn't that sweet of her?  It is great and makes it so easy to get around.  Anyway, I decided to "run" up to the store today and as I was leaving, Spencer said, "Don't you think it's a little hot to be riding your bike to the store?  I know Miss Coppelia's phone number and I will call her if you can't make it back home."  Well, that really fired me up and I was gung ho on riding to the store...until I got there & saw the digital sign that said it was 100 degrees.  I pedaled a little slower coming home but I made it!

I cooked Grant's Special Mardi Gras Pasta tonight for dinner, one of those amazing recipes on AllRecipes.com.  I cooked enough for 10 people but we only had eight.  We sat around the pool and ate and talked and laughed....it was so much fun.

We found out today that Cole is one of two finalists chosen for the commercial he auditioned for last week!  They will make the final decision next week....we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Hope you all had a great day.

"For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
~James 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment