If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Prayerful Heart

I was going to continue with my list of things I like about LA but instead, I am asking for a couple of prayer requests.

First, my mom had surgery on her arm yesterday.  It is hard for me to be so far away when my heart is with her.  Please pray for complete healing.

Also, Sonny Shinn, a friend of ours from Arkansas Baptist fell last weekend and after complications from surgery, he was placed in ICU and then, this morning, was put on a ventilator.  Any of you who knows Spencer's story knows what a critical and scary time this is for Sonny.  He and his family have been on my mind all day and I am praying for peace and complete healing.

It seems there are so many who are hurting, whether physically, mentally or spiritually.  I have to be careful not to take the world's problems on my shoulders but to stop and turn them over to God.  It's not always easy but necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to lift these family and friends up to the Lord.  

"Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment.  For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble.  You surround me with songs of victory."
~Psalm 32:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment