If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, September 2, 2011

Recovery

As most of you know by now, on Wednesday Spencer had a seizure brought on by low blood sugar which caused him to lose consciousness.  He was transported by ambulance to St. Joseph Hospital and although he is fine now and did not have to spend the night at the hospital, it was definitely a scary experience for us all.

Yesterday was a day of recovery.  Needless to say, we all took it easy and just hung out by the pool.
The boys love playing Lost Cities, a fun card game.  The weather was perfect to be outside.

I spent the day reading, washing clothes and dogging Spencer.  I was constantly staring at him or checking his food or asking him how he was feeling.  He finally had all he could take and politely, but firmly, ask me to leave him alone!

By the Grace of God, I am usually able to handle any medical situation we come up against with Spencer but I have not handled this episode very well at all.  I am a nervous wreck!  As I was driving to the grocery store, I started thinking about how freaked out I was by this whole ordeal and I came to the conclusion that it's because I don't have Brad here to help me share this burden.  He is always my rock, especially during difficult times.  So thankful God blessed me with a wonderful husband and so glad he will be here next weekend.

After a relaxing day, I was ready for bed when the kids came to tell me that we were all going OUT to Barney's Beanery, a sports grill, to watch a football game.  To say I was not thrilled is the understatement of the year.  It was 7:00 p.m.!  But Spencer was so tired of sitting around and the boys really wanted to go so.....
we headed to downtown Burbank to eat smores and watch football.
Look at this screen!  I tried to find the remote because House Hunters International was on HGTv but NOBODY would even entertain the idea of me changing the channel!  All of my sportsy friends, and you know who you are, would have loved this place.  It was crazy.

Got home at 9:00 and went to bed!  Spencer had fun, did fine and slept great.  As my friend, Andi says...

Parenting....it ain't for sissies!!!

Amen sister!

"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.  As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people both now and forevermore."
~Psalm 125:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment