If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, September 9, 2011

Whirlwind Thursday

Since the first part of the week seemed to crawl by, Thursday made up for it by being a whirlwind of a day.

We were busy most of the day yesterday with school.  The boys are knee-deep in their classes and I love how dedicated they are to getting it done and making sure it is done right.  I had to laugh because Spencer reminded Cole last night that instead of playing in the pool, he should be studying for his history test.  It's nice to have a back-up parent living with me. ;) 

We got an e-mail from our Business Manager yesterday letting us know that Cole has been called back next Monday to meet with the Director & Producer of the pilot he auditioned for last week!  And it's at Disney!  He is super excited and I am super grateful to Coppelia because she is the one that took Cole to the audition when I was at the hospital with Spencer.  We'll let you know how it goes.

I made a crockpot full of Red Beans & Rice last night and shared it with everyone while they were playing cards.  I usually join in the festivities but after helping Spencer study for his Science test and helping Cole study for his History test, I was ready for bed.  I put my pj's on, crawled in bed, turned on Food Network and was just getting ready to doze off when Brad called.  It was only 7:30!!!!  So glad I didn't go to bed then or else I would have been up at 3:00 a.m.  I think I made it until 8:30 and slept straight through the night.

When I was running this morning, I noticed how many different nationalities there are just in this small neighborhood we are in.  All my life I have lived in the South and most of that time was in Little Rock (except for 12 months in Hattiesburg and 18 months in Shreveport).  I have never lived in a big city and certainly never been exposed to so many different cultures so this has been a true eye-opening experience for me and the boys.  I definitely want to use this experience to teach them that even though we are all very different, we all have the same needs.  My devotional I read everyday is written by Ellen Miller and she really got me thinking when she wrote, "We all long to love deeply.  We all need to be loved unconditionally.  We all have been hurt badly.  We all wrestle with how to forgive completely."

My goal while I am in LA is to be attuned to the needs of those around me.  I may not agree with their religion or their political views, I may not approve of how they dress or how they talk, but I know that God has put me in this particular place at this particular time for a purpose; to show unconditional love.  I plan on bringing this plan home with me, too!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

"This is real love - not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.  Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.  but if we love each other, God lives in us, and His love is brought to full expression in us."
~I John 4:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment