If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, November 16, 2012

My Boys

Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and phone calls I received concerning Spencer.  His doctor's appointment went as we expected...yes, the nerve to his vocal cord is showing some improvement, no it is not where Dr. Richter wants it to be and yes, Dr. Richter was really excited about the progress.  As Brad reminded me, the surgery that Dr. Richter did on Spencer last November was cutting edge in where he detached a nerve from Spencer's collarbone and attached it to Spencer's vocal cords to replace the one that was dead.  I do tend to overlook the fact that without Dr. Richter at ACH, we would have had to gone to The Cleveland Clinic to have the procedure done or most likely, Spencer would have never received the surgery at all.  I have mentioned in the past that I can be a very impatient person and would prefer that God handles these things in my time instead of His, haven't I?

Mom and Aunti Ruthi went to my house on Wednesday and Mom got this picture of Spencer and Max.
Two peas in a pod; both rotten!

Dr. Richter will do surgery again on December 27th to build up Spencer's right vocal cord with silicone.  He has had two of these operations in the past and they are pretty straight forward with the exception of not being able to talk for a couple of days after the surgery.  That for me would be IMPOSSIBLE but Spencer handles it like a champ, of course.

Mr. Spencer has also switched from helping with the Eagles football team (the season is over) to helping Coach Hogue with the boys varsity basketball team.  To say that he loves it is an understatement! I have always loved Arkansas Baptist but to see how they welcome my boys with open arms when they don't even attend school there makes my heart swell with pride.  Cole has already said that when he makes his first million dollars, he will donate money to AB to put in an AstroTurf field in honor of Spencer.  I was thinking more along the lines of recliners to sit in in the stands with heated seats and a Starbucks!

This young man has had me running hither, thither and yon!  He has had a total of seven auditions this week for commercials with one being tonight at 7:00 p.m.  So much for fun with our friends on Friday night.

After a late audition in Santa Monica on Tuesday, we went to The Grove for dinner and a movie.  It was decorated beautifully.

We have had so much fun with Coppelia being back in town.

Cole and I are scheduled to catch Amtrak on Sunday to head home to Little Rock for Thanksgiving.  I say "scheduled" because two of his projects that he has auditioned for have callbacks on Monday and Tuesday of next week.  My philosophy is if they want him, they better call early because this girl needs to get home to see her family.

"Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."
~Colossians 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment