If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year was by far, in my opinion, the best Thanksgiving ever.  I am sure being gone for three months had something to do with it but whatever the reason, I loved it!

Knowing that I would be arriving late Tuesday night, I planned on Brad and I providing the turkey and the ham and having everyone bring all the rest (don't you like how I think!) but Mr. Brad got a wild hair and stayed up Wednesday night making his mom's homemade dressing (so delicious) and then made mashed potatoes and gravy on Thursday morning.  He has turned into Emeril Lagasse while I have been gone!

My counter tops were laden with food but even better, my house was FULL of people I love.  We had so much fun with 23 family members.

Grandma with her four lovies...
Allie, Will, Cole and Spencer.

Uncle Bear, Aunt Marilyn, Mom, Uncle Danny and Aunt Martha with Gigi.

Post lunch outing.  Gotta shake all that food down so we can make room for dessert.

Zane, Shannan and Isabel stayed with us and we LOVED it!

On Friday, most of the clan came back over to our house for craft day.
We painted aprons but I can't post pictures because some of them are Christmas presents. ;)

The boys had so much fun with Izzy.  She is so cute and so smart.  If they could have her for a little sister, they would jump at the chance.
This girl can definitely hold her on with all the boys.

...and gets them to do exactly what she wants.

She and Spencer were throwing kisses to Rusty on the other side of the door.

Zane, Shannan and Izzy left early this morning, heading back to Texas.  It's our last day at home with Brad and Spencer.  Cole and I catch the train at 3:10 a.m. Monday morning for our two day train ride back to LA where we should arrive at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.  I am already counting the days until we get to leave LA come home for Christmas...19 days and counting.

Did you have a blessed Thanksgiving?

I sure am going to miss these sweet faces.

I'm sharing Spencer's favorite verse with you today.

"Therefore, you shall be perfect just as your Heavenly Father is perfect."
~Matthew 5:48

No comments:

Post a Comment