If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, November 30, 2012

Commercial Shoot, Callback and Sleep

It is raining in LA and has been raining since we stepped off the train Monday morning at 5:00 a.m.  For most of you, rain is not a big deal. In LA, RAIN IS A BIG DEAL!  It never rains (it rained 3 times between June 6 and Thanksgiving) so when it does, people freak!  As if it needed any help, traffic takes the major hit during rain.  I mean, on any given day, the traffic in LA is awful but you let water fall from the sky and you can be guaranteed that all cars will come to a stop.

With this in mind, Cole and I left extra early on Thursday to drive to Orange County for his commercial shoot for Fantastic Sam's.  Thankfully, we arrived on time and in one piece but not without some white-knuckle moments.

The crew for this shoot were incredibly professional and organized; two things that don't always accompany a production company.  And, even better, our set teacher was fabulous!  Anybody that can help Cole understand equations in algebra deserves a star in my book.

 I'm sure when the commercial airs, you will never be able to tell that his "bedroom" was just two portable walls in an open warehouse!

I wasn't able to take a lot of picture while Cole was filming due to space constraints but I loved the outfit wardrobe chose.

After filming and three hours of schoolwork (required by law for any student on set), we hit the road to head to Tarzana for an audition.  After an hour and half in traffic, we made it with 30 minutes to spare.  Needless to say, we were so glad to get home and get off the roads.

As we walked in the door, Cole found out that he got a callback on Friday for the Pizza Hut commercial!  So proud of all his hard work.

After sushi and mushroom miso soup for dinner (Sushi 101 restaurant around the corner is fabulous), Cole and I went to bed...at 8:00 p.m.  I think our bodies are still on Arkansas time.

Today, my goal is to unpack our suitcases and do some grocery shopping.  If plans change then we will continue to step over the suitcases in the middle of our bedroom floor and eat crackers for dinner! ;)

I am so missing this young man.  I just LOVED being with him at Thanksgiving and am counting down the days until I see him for our Christmas break.
Spencer and Cleopatra this past summer at Santa Monica pier.

I know I have used this Bible verse many times before but it is my reminder of God's promise to me and I needed it today.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear.  Isn't there more to life than food and more to the body than clothing?"
~Matthew 6:25


No comments:

Post a Comment