If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, February 28, 2011

Change of Plans

Wouldn't the world be a better place if it worked off of MY time schedule?  My world would be all happy, belly laughs, sparkles and shiny things, cute shoes & purses, no sickness and maybe a margarita thrown in here or there.  Actually, it doesn't sound too bad!  But, fortunately for all of us, God has not turned the reins over to me and His timetable is ALWAYS the best! 

Spencer's swallow study was moved from today until next Monday, March 7th at 1:00 p.m.  Can't tell you why or how because I don't know but I DO know that it must have not been meant to take place today.  Instead, I worked on paperwork and we all took a walk this evening (in shorts and it was freezing!) and watched tv and studied together and overall, had a great night.  Not how I would have planned my day but thereagain, I'm not in charge.

Spencer has been feeling so good since he is off his IV antibiotics and he was just itching to do something yesterday.  He did get to go to church (first time in over 2 months!) and that was wonderful but he was ready for more.  So, after Cole's rehearsal we all met at the bowling alley in Maumelle and had some fun.
 
Will, Sarah, Cole, Seth & Spencer

Tonight, Cole and Brad are analyzing all the data for Cole's science project.  I was the subject (boring) and Cole was tracking how different types of music (country, Christian hip hop and symphony) affects my running.  I'm the brawn and these guys are the brains...I think I got the better end of the deal.


I was listening to KLove today while working out and this is the verse they read.  I KNOW they were talking to me this morning because I sure needed to be reminded of this...

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us - they help us learn to endure.  And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.  And this expectation will not disappoint us.  For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."
Romans 5: 3-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment