If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, February 14, 2011

Snow, Snow & Sun!

If you're like us and you live just about any place in the south, I bet you got some snow this past week.  We ended up getting around 7" at our house, which is enough to keep us up on the mountain from Tuesday night until Saturday.  Even on Saturday, I rode down with Brad because I will do just about anything to keep from driving on something that makes me slip, slide and crash!

Our neighbor, Mary, took this photo.  She is one of those people that can do anything but she excels at photography.

Winter Wonderland.

Spencer's friend, Seth, came over Thursday afternoon.  Our roads were not passable so a hike ensued.  You know your children have great friends when they will hike through snow and up hills just to spend some time and play.  I didn't want Seth hiking down by himself so he and I sledded down! 
 Notice I am covered in snow (because I was sitting in front) and that smile is permanently frozen to my face!  What fun!

Friday, our roads were still treacherous so Brad and Cole walked to Kanis (where we had the old trusty trooper parked) because Cole had rehearsal at The Rep.  We knew it would refreeze Friday night so Dwayne was awesome enough to pick Cole up after rehearsal and let him spend the night with him and then take him back to The Rep at 9:00 on Saturday.  They had a blast and we didn't have to worry about trying to navigate the roads.

Spencer has one week left of IV antibiotics (HALLELUJAH!!!). On Friday, when United Medical needed to deliver the meds and couldn't make it up the mountain, Max and I walked down to Kanis to meet the driver.  This was what I had to bring back up the mountain...
I definitely got my cardio for the day!

At least the scenery was beautiful.
I think today will be the last day for the snow and on to warmer temperatures. 

Hope you all have a very nice Valentine's Day...show someone how much you care for them.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done."
Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment