If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, February 25, 2011

D-Day is Monday

Most of you know that Spencer cannot eat or drink anything by mouth.  It all goes through his g-button in his stomach which was placed back in September.  To say this has been a difficult road for all of us, but especially for him, is such an understatement.  Spencer loves to eat, as do our entire family, so to not be able to has been an incredible challenge.  If you think about it, our whole society revolves around eating.   Do I even need to tell you that he has overcome this obstacle amazingly well?  I am constantly amazed at the challenges he faces and the faith he uses to overcome them all.  I aspire to grow up to be like him.

Anyway, the point of all of this is to say that on Monday, February 28th at 2:00, Spencer will have a swallow study.  Dr. Richter, our ENT, said that since Spencer passed the salivagram he would readminister the swallow study.  Just like all of us, he wants Spence (as he calls him) to be able to eat something, anything. 

My fears are running rampant and I am trying to remember that all I need to do is have "faith as a mustard seed".  Please pray with me that whatever the outcome, Spencer will be at peace.  He has been through so much.

This was the verse for my Bible study this morning.  Very appropriate.....

"Jesus said, "Everything is possible for him who believes."  Immediately the boy's' father exclaimed, "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!"  (Jesus then answered his prayer.)
Mark 9: 23 - 24

No comments:

Post a Comment