If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl and Snow

Even though Spencer has not been feeling great, I think nothing short of unconsciousness could have kept him from watching the Super Bowl with his peeps.  We had eight people over and we had so much fun.  We set up a taco bar and everyone brought desserts...nothing makes a Super Bowl party better than food (and your team winning, of course).
Noah brought Spencer an "official" Steelers hat (a foam hat with an "I" beam running through it).  Needless to say, Spencer loves it and has only taken it off to shower!
True Steeler fan.
Cole, Collin, Spencer and Noah.

Even though the Steelers lost, Spencer had a great time with his friends.   Of course, Cole was a Green Bay fan (any team that Spencer dislikes, Cole loves!) so it was a divided house but at least no blood was shed!

Spencer's bloodwork yesterday showed that his white blood count is still low, which increases his risk for infection.  We have kept him at home all week and plan on limiting his contact with the outside world until he has finished his IV antibiotics which will be February 21st.  Can't wait for that day and for him to start feeling better!

Cole is enjoying being home for a snow day.  By the way it is snowing and from all the forecasts, I would say he will be home the rest of the week.  We stocked up on food and have plenty of movies, games and fun things planned since the mountain is already socked in.

A couple of months ago, we had our family portrait made for our church directory.  I'm embarassed to say that it has literally been years since we had a professional photograph of our family.  I think they turned out really good.

  Yes, mom, I have one for you!

The photographer was fun and he encouraged the boys to have fun in a few shots.  We just HAD to buy this one...love it.
Adorable.

I hope you all enjoy this snow and are stay safe.  If I didn't know any better, I would think we had moved to Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos - thanks for sharing. Hey, I'm going to mail you payment for my beautiful necklace, since I'm not sure when I'll see you again. Enjoy the rest of this "snow week" and tell Spencer to feel better SOON!

    Love to all ya'll!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete