If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Week in Review

I can't believe it has been a week since I blogged!  In addition to being "Nurse Nancy" 24/7, we also switched our internet provider from Dish to AT&T and it has taken a couple of days to get the kinks worked out.  So far, the AT&T service has rocked and our internet connections are much quicker.  Hope it stays that way.

I'll start with the boys...

Spencer is doing ok.  IV meds are going well but labs on Monday showed that his white blood count is low, which has caused him to run a low-grade fever, makes him more prone to infection and makes him very tired.  He is tired of being tired and frustrated because he has not been able to participate in karate, physical therapy or ABSS basketball games this week.  We finish the IV antibiotic February 22nd and have our follow up with Dr. Warren on February 23rd at which time I think we will have the CT scan on his lungs.  In the meantime, we are just trying to keep his spirits up and attempting to let him get out of the house without coming in contact with a large crowd.  Easier said than done.  We will have a few friends over for the Super Bowl so that should help his spirits.
Seth, Spencer, Cole and Manly enjoyed a game of nerf wars last Saturday.
Cole is doing great.  He has decided to join the track team at school (because he didn't have enough to do to keep him busy!).  He's had a good week at school and he's REALLY enjoying his day off from school today because of the snow.
Week One of my fitness bootcamp and running for Cole's science project have gone as good as I could have hoped.  I do enjoy both although my muscles would beg to differ.  I think the most exciting/scary thing that has happened all week was this morning when I got stuck in the snow while trying to make it home after my workout.  It wasn't snowing when I left the house at 6:30 but at 9:00 when I headed home, it was not pretty.  As I made it halfway up the hill to the gate, my car started sliding backwards.  Thank goodness my neighbor Kim came to the rescue in her Polaris and pulled me up to the gate where I parked my car and left it! 
I'm a southern girl and although I love cold weather, I have no business being out when there is snow on the ground.  Thank you Lord for keeping me safe and sending Kim to my rescue!

Besides the Nursey duties this week, I have also worked on a few necklaces.



I'm still having fun and have even sold a few necklaces and a painting!

So glad we have plenty o' food cause it looks like we will be on the mountain for a while.  Hope you all stay safe and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Here's my favorite verse this week...

"Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you.  Instead, be very glad -- for these trials make you partners with Christ in His suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing His glory when it is revealed to all the world."
I Peter 4:12-13


No comments:

Post a Comment