If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Beautiful Day

Don't you love when you wake up to someone standing over you and they are so close to your face, you can feel them breathing on you?  I woke up to Spencer, Kobe and Rusty in my room this morning.  Evidently, 8:30 is late enough to sleep!  I was sleeping so soundly that I didn't even hear Brad and Cole leave for school.  Glad Cole is responsible enough to get himself up and ready!

Spencer felt well enough to go to physical therapy at ACH today.  He is getting stronger every day and I love the pep he had in his step too.  In fact, he felt so good that he and I ended up going to the 8th grade boys basketball game at Episcopal tonight.  It was so great to see everyone and Spencer loved being able to catch up with his friends. 
Cool Razorback shirt from Uncle Dwayne.

Poor Cole, I know I haven't talked much about him lately so let me get you up to date on what's going on with the little actor.  Rehearsal begins next week for The Rep's production of "Review the Revue".  It is the main stage production of the play that SMTI performed in the summer.  I know he has the part of MC Hammer again but I'm not what other parts he will have, if any.  Rehearsal will not be as often or as long as what we experienced with "A Christmas Story".  The show runs from March 1st through March 12th and I know it will be good.

School is going well for Cole and has always come very easy to him so it amuses me a little to see him having to study this year.  Science and History are the culprits at the moment...he has B's in both classes but he is determined to get straight A's by end of semester (he must have gotten that drive from Uncle Dwayne because I don't recall feeling the need to make straight A's!)  I bet he can pull it out.  He is using me for his science experiment that is due in March.  His experiment is to see what effect, if any, different types of music have on a runner's (I use that term very loosely) speed.  I should have read his theory before he turned it in because I missed the part that said each run would last for 60 MINUTES!!!!  What?  An hour?  As in, my legs need to be moving constantly for 3,600 seconds?  Today was country music day and was my first day to run.  I was amazed I made it.  Saturday is either Hip Hop or Symphony.  If you see me on the side of the road taking a nap you know it must be Symphony day!  Ha!  It will be interesting to see the results.

 Brad is feeling great and trying to keep busy.  It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend so I hope we get to get outside and do something fun.

This weekend, I will post some pictures of more necklaces that I have made and a new picture I am working on.  I am just having so much fun!

I began a new daily Bible reading at the beginning of the year and it is fabulous!  "Inspirations for Girlfriends" is written by Ellen Miller.  I picked this particular one because it said this book was for "Girlfriends who are juggling Not-So-Perfect, often crazy, but gloriously real lives".  I figured if she was going to describe my life I better get it!  It's amazing how God gives me just the right verse each day.  Here's today's....

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
   do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
   and He will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Perfect.  Hope you have a great Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment