If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Birthday Blast!

Today was a BIG day... I turned 45 AND the boys let me sleep until 9:30!  Wow, I can't remember the last time I slept that late!

I was awake approximately 3 1/2 minutes when in trooped Coppelia, Freya, Michelle, Brooke and Brayden, singing Happy Birthday and bearing gifts!  How blessed we are to have such good friends in LA.

After a quick run, Cole and I had a meeting with his Manager and then we were off to a "Subway" commercial audition.  If Subway knew how much Cole LOVES their food, they would give him the job and pay him in footlongs instead of dollars.

I was planning on donning my pj's early and watching basketball with Spencer but Coppelia invited me to accompany her to the "Australians in Film" screening of short films that have received accolades in Australia and are now traveling around America.

So, off came the running shorts and out came the dress-up clothes and off we went.  We were like Laurel and Hardy trying to find a parking place (that is a story for a different blog) but finally made it in time for cocktails and mingling.  I could sit and listen to those Aussie accents all day.

We all filed into the theater at 7:30 to preview seven films that were each 10 minutes long.  Simon Baker, from The Mentalist, and his friend John sat right beside me!  The films range from quirky to hysterical to overwhelming sadness, so within that 70 minute time frame of viewing, I laughed (cackled), I sobbed and I was totally grossed out.  At one point during the sobbing, while Coppelia was looking for a tissue, I was sure that everyone around me would get up and leave.  After the screening was over, I apologized to Simon and John for fear I had interrupted their ability to concentrate on the films. I was surprised that they said that I was the perfect audience member because I showed real emotion to each film.  They did, however, suggest I bring a hankie the next time I attend a screening.  Good advice.

It is a big "NO NO" to approach the actors to ask for a picture but one "mate" I met was super nice...
Steven has been traveling with a musical troupe for 20 years while also performing Shakespeare on Broadway in NYC.  Just recently, he made the move to LA where he is writing/directing short films as well as giving singing lessons to up and coming musicians who are offered a record deal through some of the largest record labels.

It was a great night of fun and Coppelia was a great date...she got me home before midnight and before I turned into a pumpkin.

Meanwhile, back at Casa Ewing, the boys were watching March Madness.  Spencer got everyone to fill out a bracket for the tournament...
...and then posted them on the back of our door.  We officially look like a frat house.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes.  And, thank you mom, for refraining from calling me at my exact birth time of 6:14 a.m.!!!!

"May your father and your mother have joy; may she who bore you rejoice."
~Proverbs 23:25

1 comment:

  1. I love. Simon Baker. That would have been the best gift of all.

    ReplyDelete