If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF!!!!

Is it just me or has anyone else felt this week has been long and tumultuous?!  Goodness, I am ready for the weekend.

School has been exceptionally difficult.  Between fielding questions for algebra and English Lit (neither of which I am good at) for Spencer and cracking the whip on Cole so that he is completely caught up, I feel like all the life has been sucked out of me.  As my friends like to remind me, "Being a parent is not for sissies!"  Amen.

Thank goodness for my morning quiet time with my Bible and my exercise.  I honestly don't think I could make it through the day without these two constants in my life.  I'll give you a prime example of what happens when I skip my Bible study.  Yesterday, I hit the ground running at 7:30 a.m. and did not take time for my morning coffee and quiet time with God.  I was busy all day with work and I had problems ALL DAY with my website not being able to process my customer's credit cards.  My entire day was spent talking with the IT guy in Raleigh, NC until I finally gave up last night at 8:00.  I had completely worked myself into a full-on tizzy that included lots of crying, moaning, banging things around, being cranky, more crying and a glass of wine after which I went to bed exhausted and drained.  When I opened my Bible study this morning, I glanced at yesterday's lesson (that I skipped) and guess what it said?

"When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it.  Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving, saying:  "Thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more."  Though the lessons of trust that I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost."

I just smiled and thanked God that I decided to take time for Him this morning.

It was a beautiful day in Burbank with a temperature of only 61 degrees! My favorite weather is brilliant blue sky with cool temps.  On our run, we met Pikachu, a one and a half pound Yorkie/Terrie mix.
So adorable but a little scary when our cat weighs more than the dog.

We were so excited today when we found out that Grace Powell (you know, the one's we just said farewell to!) got a callback for a commercial and she and her mom, Susan, flew back to LA today.  A celebration was in order so Michelle fixed lasagna, I fixed the salad and Coppelia provided the dessert.  As we were getting everything ready for dinner, we received a call from Coppelia, who had taken Grace to her audition, that she had run out of gas in front of the Hollywood Bowl!  Cole and I sprang into action and ran to her rescue with a borrowed gas can (after a guy had to show me how to fill it and pour it!).  We had her gassed up and ready to go in no time...
Cole, Coppelia and me.  You just have to smile when there's nothing else to do.


All the girls watched "Say Yes to the Dress" while we ate a delicious dinner and the kids played outside.  Ahh, our LA family is awesome.


"I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and He answered my prayer."
~Psalm 120:1    

No comments:

Post a Comment