If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, April 28, 2012

I need to practice what I preach

Remember yesterday's post about change?
Uh huh.

How I am so much better at accepting change than I used to be?
Yep.

I just go with the flow, right?
Absolutely.

Wrong.

Unfortunately, I do still have moments of complete and utter anger when things do not go my way.

I have been so excited over the prospect of Brad and I spending next week in Florida; just the two of us.  The last time that happened was May, 2001.  It is very hard for us to find someone to stay with the boys who know the ins and outs of Spencer's ventilator.  Fortunately, Cole knows how to put on Spencer's mask and Spencer can do everything else.

Well, Spencer became congested and running a fever as soon as we crossed the Arkansas line Thursday night and is now sick.  Not sick as in we need to go to the ER but sick enough that I am not and can not leave him.  Ugh and sigh.

Brad and I have reworked our plan fifteen different ways today trying to figure out how we could both go to Florida while ensuring that Spencer is just suffering from allergies and that it won't get worse than it is.  Tonight, we came to the conclusion that the only way to guarantee that outcome is if I stay here and take care of Spencer and Brad and Cole head to Florida.

I always knew God had a sense of humor.

Let go and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment