If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, April 2, 2012

What was that noise?

Rattle rattle.  Scratch.  Shake shake.  I woke with a start at 3:58 a.m. to hear the kitchen window vibrating.  It took me a minute to figure out if I was dreaming or if there really had been a sound.  I waited.  Yep, there it was again.  Now what?  I crept out of bed to the kitchen door (we keep it closed at night because of the traffic noise).  Do I have anything to defend myself against an intruder?  Gun?  No.  Baseball bat?  No.  Can of silly string?  Unfortunately, no.  So, I grab my cell phone.  It's the next best thing, right?  I slowly open the door.  I don't see anyone climbing through our window so that was a good sign.  I creep to the window.  Still nothing. I have the I-torch app on my phone which is not just a light...oh no, it is a 250,000 mega watt light that will illuminate the moon.  I turn it on and quickly shine it into the alley outside the kitchen window.  There stood Mr. Squirrel looking guilty and startled.  I am pretty sure he messed in his squirrel undies.

Needless to say, I couldn't go back to sleep so I sat in the kitchen and watched a DVD on my laptop with my headphones.  By 9:00 a.m., I was running and by 10:45, the boys and I were leaving to get haircuts and run errands.


I have to remember not to work on the boys' school schedules while I am visiting with people...any people.  Yesterday while I was on set, I typed up the quiz and test schedule for this week and somehow I combined their schedules and the end result is that the boys are passing papers back and forth & trying to figure out whose is whose.  Then Spencer said, "Remember Mom, you are not good at multi-tasking."  What?  Are you kidding me?  I am a wife and a mother so obviously I AM good at it.  Ask any woman that is a mother if she can cook and clean up after the dog while making sack lunches and scheduling pick ups for baseball practice and also remembering that she needs to pick up the dry cleaning and get the oil changed in the car.  And that is all before 8:00 a.m.!  But I will admit that my multi-tasking may not extend to visiting with other mothers while making a schedule for Algebra and Science tests.  Well, we can't be great at everything.


I started sneezing when I got home from my run this morning and I thought I had snuffed a bug up my nose (it has happened!).  As the day wore on, I continued to sneeze and then my head stopped up.  By this evening, I knew I was coming down with something so Vickey supplied me with some goodies...
Here's hoping it works fast.  I do not have time to be sick.


The NCAA Championship game is on tonight so guess where Spencer is...
He and Brayden are hanging out watching the game and texting.


Our friend, Freya, received FABULOUS news tonight...she has booked a regular spot on a new series entitled "Hemlock Grove"!  She will be filming in June & July in Pittsburgh, PA.  Oh my, everyone went nuts in celebration when we heard the news.  All these kids work so hard so anything they book is well-deserved.
So cute.


We are keeping Brayden tonight while Brooke is on set filming a webisode.  I think I will lay down when he does.  Here's hoping the Theraflu is a miracle drug.


Have you had an exciting day?


"Shout for joy to God our source of strength."
~Psalms 81:1

No comments:

Post a Comment