If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, April 13, 2012

Sleep is Overrated

It seems the second I hit 45, I  quit sleeping through the night.  Did anyone tell me this would happen?  Yes.  Did I believe them?  Certainly not.  I am the girl who can sleep 9 to 11 hours every night and still take a nap during the day.  Oh well, since I have been awake since 2:46 a.m. I have updated Cole's resume on all the casting websites, updated my calendar with auditions for next week, cleaned the bathroom and am now updating you!  At least I am productive.

We are so close to being completely settled in at the new condo.  Today, I have to unpack the desk in our room and organize it for school and I am DONE!  Coppelia and I cleaned, culled and rearranged the kitchen yesterday and it looks fabulous.  I love cleanliness and order.  I definitely will take pictures this weekend to show you what a cute place it is.

Our new neighborhood is great and yesterday I went on my first long run since we moved.  I had a hard time staying on task because there are even more animals in this neighborhood than the other one!  Sorry, no pictures to share just yet but you can be sure I will be stalking them all with my camera next week.

Cole had two auditions yesterday...one for the tv show "Bones" and one for a national print ad.  Both auditions took place downtown LA so my driving skills were tested to the max.  I'm pretty sure I ran four lights, cut someone off trying to change lanes, blocked traffic to let someone out of an alley, got honked at twice and made two illegal u-turns...and that all took place just trying to GET to the auditions.  Don't ask me how the drive home went!  Ha!

I am so grateful that Spencer is self-sufficient and able to do what needs to be done while we are gone on various auditions.  Our goal this summer is to find volunteer opportunities for him  in Little Rock where he can share his experiences while also helping.  He would love to find something where he is able to help kids who are sick or something to do with sports, or both combined!  It will need to be something indoors as he cannot tolerate the heat.  I know God has the perfect plan for him and we are excited to see what it is!  If you know of anything, please let me know.

We have made tentative plans for the boys and I to head back to Little Rock the last week in April and spend the month of May at home.  Both boys have several doctor/dentist appointments and May is typically pretty slow in LA.  Seems like the perfect time to come home to see our peeps.

Well, guess I will go brew some coffee and watch the sun come up on the patio.  I hope you all have a fabulous day.

"When you lie down you will not be filled with fear; when you lie down your sleep will be pleasant."
~Proverbs 3:24


No comments:

Post a Comment