If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Heartbroken

I think one of my biggest faults is that I love so quickly and with all my heart.  I have always been like that, especially with animals.  God equipped animals to give love unconditionally and I love that they have no prejudices, only love for the ones they are with.

I had that attachment with Margo the minute I laid eyes on her.  I knew it would be hard to give her up to a new home but I knew the minute we found someone to love her, that that was the best thing.

However, my shock at coming home last night to find out that Margo had somehow escaped our room in our apartment and was no where to be found, was not in my plan.

We searched for over an hour.  The only way she could have gotten outside was a tiny bathroom window, at ceiling level, but how she got up to that window I will never know.  We didn't find her body (I'm so thankful for that) but I wish I knew for certain that she was alive and well.

We had a family that was so excited to become her new home and we were taking her over to their house today.

It has been a hard day, both for me and Cole, but I'm sure tomorrow will be better.  We will leave early in the morning, heading toward Arkansas.  Suddenly the thought of being home is more than I can take.  I wish I was there right now.

"And my God will supply your every need according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
~Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment