If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Life at the Beach

I have always been a "beach" girl.  From my very first visit to the beach when I was seven years old, courtesy of Aunt Betty, I have been in love with the ocean.  Any beach...all beaches.  Doesn't matter where in the world it is, I love them all.

Spending Saturday at the beach in Santa Monica was just what I needed and we made the most of it...we got there early and stayed late.  After a long run and some swimming, it was great to meet up with some of our friends that we haven't seen since last year.



Lawson, Paleigh and Cole.

It's amazing how the salty air, sand and sea always make me feel better.

Although this past week has been extremely emotional for me, I loved that God reminded me this morning through our Pastor to "bloom where you are planted".  It's not about where I think we should be; it's about where God wants me to be and wherever that is, He will equip me with everything I need.  I love those sermons that were written specifically for me. ;) 

Spencer had a fabulous week last week with the highlight being that he was able to meet the General Manager for the Arkansas Travelers (farm team for the Anaheim Angels) and not only meet him but sit with him at a game and spend the entire game getting to know him and the business.  I have never met Mr. Allen but anyone who receives an e-mail from Spencer and picks up the phone, calls Spencer directly and invites him to accompany him to a game, must be a great guy.  Thank you Mr. Allen for inspiring a young man to keep following his dream.

I hope you had a great weekend.

"God blesses the people who patiently endure testing.  Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."
~James 1:12


No comments:

Post a Comment