If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Prayer Overload

Do you ever feel that God is yanking tugging at your heart, constantly, in hopes of getting your attention?  For the past two weeks I have been overwhelmed with so much heartache and tragedy around us, for family and friends.  I wake every morning with dread and go to sleep at night with such a heavy heart.  Today I have decided that when I feel that sadness creeping in, I will just turn it over to God and say out loud, "I can't handle this but You can so have at it."  Just hope I am not in a crowded place when I proclaim that out loud or I may have more "help" than I wanted!

Here is what is on my heart...

Spencer is still not feeling well and is going to see Dr. Warren today at 11:00.  I am prayerful that we caught the sickness in time and that he won't need to be admitted to the hospital.

Brad was stung four times by yellow jackets on Monday when his dirt contractor was clearing a lot for a new house.  The stings on his chest swelled up to the size of a hockey puck but like any male, he has not been to the doctor.

I already mentioned my friends the Bruning's who are in Atlanta with their son JD at the Shepard Center which is a spinal cord injury hospital.  JD will be getting a trach this morning so that he can be on the ventilator but still communicate.  They are in the same circumstances we were with Spencer 14 years ago.  I can't stop praying and thinking that we should be in Atlanta to help them but I know that is not possible.  What can I do?

I found out last night that our friends, Patience and Stephen Holt, were dealt a staggering diagnosis for Stephen.  I have had them on my prayer list because Stephen has not been feeling well and has been experiencing weakness.  This past week he received the news that he has Lou Gehrig's disease and Lyme disease.  They are seeking treatment options for both while continuing to trust God in His infinite wisdom.  They have two children ages 19 and 13.

Why?  How can we help?  I have no answers, only questions.   The one thing I do know is that prayer is the answer for everything.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me in earnest you will find me when you seek me."
~Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment