If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Friends

These past two weeks, I think it is obvious that I have been very unsettled.  I have been struggling with so many things and, unfortunately, I have let my anger and discontentment take over my happy-jolly self.  I will be the first to admit that I hate being so troubled and I think Cole would totally agree with that admission.

So, in the midst of my funk, God has been showing me just how blessed I am with wonderful family and friends.

For example, who would have thought that a born and bred Southern girl would be living with two Aussies in California.  Although life as a Mom to an actor can be insane, Coppelia and Freya keep me laughing all the time.  I am so thankful for their love and support and for God showing me that love can be shown by anyone.

I talked with a friend in Little Rock today who, I felt, had been wronged on so many levels.  My heart was breaking for her and I was ready to kick some butt to defend her honor.  In her usual calm, cool and collective tone she assured me that everything was fine and all would work out as it should.  She reminded me that there are more important things in life than worrying about what someone does or says about you and I should know that as well as anyone.  She's right.  I temporarily forgot that all this "stuff" is not what is important.  Thank you God for the wonderful reminder.

Yesterday, as I was waiting on news for Spencer, I received so many texts and e-mails from friends checking in to see if there was anything they could do to help.  I love these people and have no idea what I would do without them.  

Thank you God for the amazing family and friends that you have placed in my life.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, so why should I be afraid?  The Lord protects me from danger, so why should I tremble?"
~Psalm 27:1

No comments:

Post a Comment