If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, July 11, 2013

One of Those Days

I have had one of "those" days today.   I knew as soon as I opened my eyes this morning that my emotional well was close to over flowing and it didn't take long for the tears to appear.

My longing for Brad, Spencer, Cole and me to be together as a family has had such a hold on me lately that I really haven't been able to think of anything else.  My usual sunny disposition has been replaced by my evil twin, Miss Miserable.  I really hate my twin.

All day I have cried.  I was sitting in my car in the CVS parking lot crying the ugly cry and scared a woman so bad that she offered to call 911.  Note to self:  go home to have your breakdown.

Thankfully, I am married to the most patient man in the history of mankind.  From our first talk this morning to our last conversation tonight, he is nothing but supportive and will totally agree to anything I want need to do.

As I have gone from one emotion to another throughout the day, I have come to the surprising realization that to disentangle ourselves from our LA life is going to take time.  We are not going to be able to just pack up and leave; we have obligations and if we are going to leave, then we need to do it the right way.  For now, we will remain in LA and make strides to our ultimate goal of being together as a family throughout the coming months.

I am thankful for a day to vent, to have a pity party and to talk things through with Brad without him judging me.  I am blessed beyond measure to have him in my life.

Ever have one those days?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight."
~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment