If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, December 12, 2011

It was a doctor, party, doctor kind of weekend

Don't you love when you're mopping the floor with the Christmas tunes just a playing and you hear a "thud" and immediately you know that that is not a good thing.  That's exactly what happened Friday morning and the "thud" was Cole's left foot hitting the kitchen wall as he was trying to jump over Kobe.  (Spencer said he was involved in hand to paw combat!)  Cole, just like his brother, is a tough one so when he laid on the floor with tears in his eyes, I was concerned.  When he got up and went to the couch and got sick to his stomach, I was on the phone to make an appointment with our pediatrician.  The x-ray confirmed that yes, indeed, his third toe was broken and dislocated.  But, also like his brother, Cole couldn't just break it.  Oh no, we need to amp it up a little.  The break was in the growth plate which required a visit to the Orthopaedic surgeon to see if he would need surgery.  Thank goodness, he came out with his toes wrapped and a lovely boot to wear for two weeks.  I so wish my boys were not overachievers in this respect.

Sunday evening, Brad and I hosted the annual Hearts & Hooves Christmas party.  We had 24 people for dinner and we had so much fun but I think the next time we build a house, I need Brad to install a disco ball that will drop down out of the ceiling so we can amp up the fun factor!

This morning was Spencer's post-op checkup.  He got a FANTASTIC report!  Dr. Richter is very pleased with how everything looks and how Spencer sounds.  He is hopeful that over the next 3 to 6 months, Spencer voice will become very strong.  We will go back in April for a recheck.

So, I have been back in my pj's since 10:47 a.m.!  Cole built me a fire and I sat on the couch and watched movies and addressed Christmas cards and enjoyed a little downtime.  

Merry Christmas!

"So now I am giving you a new commandment;  Love each other.  Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are disciples."
~John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment