If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reflective

Cole and I attended a memorial service yesterday for the father of Henry & Helen Mellhorn, friends of Cole's from The Rep.  I knew of Johnson but never had the pleasure of getting to know him as a friend but he was obviously an amazing man as evidenced by the standing-room-only at the church and the wonderful eulogy given by his best friend.  Now that I'm older, I realize that being a "great" person is not based on how many countries you traveled to, how many books you wrote or the number of dignitaries that attend your funeral.  No, the legacy you leave behind is most evident in your family...a wife or husband that was cherished, children that were loved unconditionally, friends that were there through the good times and the bad and whom can tell endless humorous stories.  My wonderful Grandfather taught me these lessons and many more by the life he lived and the memories he left behind.  I cherish all the years I had with him and miss him everyday.  It was obvious Johnson Mellhorn's family and friends were blessed too, by a wonderful loving husband, father and friend.

I can think of no better goal than to completely love and be loved.

"Always be full of joy in the Lord.  I say it again - rejoice!  Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do."
~Philppians 4:5


No comments:

Post a Comment