If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Over the hills and through the woods

One of the many things I enjoy about the week between Christmas and New Year's is that we usually don't have anything that has to be done and we get to do what we want to do.  So, yesterday we left early, picked up Allie, Will & Gigi and headed out to my mom's for the day. Aunt Martha and Alexia met us out there and we had so much fun.  Mom made a crockpot full of roast, potatoes & carrots, Martha brought brownies and I made a cheeseball.  We ate and played and ate and talked and ate.  I think the only thing we do more than eat is laugh.

Gigi, Mom, Aunt Martha, Alexia, Allie, Will & Cole in the kitchen, of course.

Papa and Spencer caught up on sports.

I found these four all piled on the top bunk and looking like they were up to no good!

Mom lives out in the country but stray kitties can still find me out there!  This baby was so sweet and lovable.  Mom thinks she belongs to her neighbors down the road but I sure did enjoy snuggling with her on the back porch.

We got home at 6:00 to find that Brad had cooked dinner...
Yum!

I have now decided that I will be running to LA when we return next week.  It's the only way I'm going to be able to work off all this food!

"Come, eat some of my food, and drink some of the wine I have mixed."
~Proverbs 9:5

No comments:

Post a Comment