If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Busy Saturday

On Saturday, it was so nice to sleep until 8:00 a.m. and not have to jump up to do school.  Ahh, just love the weekends.

Cole and I have a new friend, Yoko, who has been joining us on our morning run.  She is the mother of Angelina and they are in town from Louisiana for Angelina to try her hand at acting.  They are so sweet.  Yoko is very athletic and she and Cole usually leave me behind but that's ok.  I enjoy the company and it makes exercising so much more tolerable.

On Saturday morning, we met Daisy...
Daisy is a four year old Golden Retriever.  Her "parents" stop at the paper stand every morning to get her a paper to keep her happy while they walk.  Oh my goodness, she was a love bug.  I could have sat with her all morning.

Spencer and Darrin Shea went to the 10:30 a.m. movies.  I was laughing because they were probably the only two in the theater.  Who goes to the movie that early?!  But they had a great time and it was so nice for Spencer to be able to get out of the apartment with someone besides Cole and I.


Cole had an acting workshop Saturday afternoon from 2:00 to 5:00 so after I dropped him off, Michelle, Brooke, Brayden, Yoko, Coppelia, Freya, Susan, Grace and I all loaded up in two cars and hit the thrift stores on Sunset Blvd. and Melrose Avenue to look for our "Ozcar" dresses for Sunday night.  These ladies would win the Oscar for "Shop Till You Drop"!  Good golly, Miss Agnes, they wore me out.


 So much fun with good friends.


Funny story...


We were in American Vintage on Melrose Avenue trying on ballgowns.  Now granted, these are HUGE dresses with yards upon yards of tulle.  I am in the dressing room (alone) trying on one that is orange and sequined and voluminous.  After said dress is on, I ask Coppelia to come in and zip me up.  Then Freya comes in.  Then Grace and Brooke come in when Freya starts trying on her dresses.  After the opinion that I look like a large "pumpkin", I am trying to remove the garment when my hair gets stuck in the zipper.


"Hello?  Coppelia, my hair is stuck in the zipper."


No response.  What I DO hear is everyone telling Freya how great her dress looks and how wonderful her shoes will match.


Really?  Six girls in a dressing room, one of which is naked and hanging upside down with her hair entangled in a zipper and no one can hear her or notice that she is flailing around?


I was finally freed from the zipper, able to get dressed and run for my life out of the store.  Who knew shopping could be so dangerous.


Cole loved his workshop and I was so happy to get back to the apartment and put on my pj's.  Michelle made burgers on the grill and graciously shared with us.


I hit the bed early and had nightmares of a giant, orange zipper chasing me.


"If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that?  Even corrupt tax collectors do that much."
~Matthew 5:46



No comments:

Post a Comment