If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quiet on the Set!

We left the apartment this morning before the sun even peeked it's head over the mountains, for our trek to Orange, CA which is about 45 miles from Burbank.  With it being that early in the morning and on a Sunday, it only took us 45 minutes to arrive at the elementary school where Cole's film was shooting.  I did manage to wake Cole up completely with a drive through McJunkies before we hit the road.  The way to get him to do anything is by feeding him first!

As Cole gets more experience on set, so do I when I interact with parents and the crew.  For instance, this crew was very organized and professional and I believe it is because the Director has worked on several big name movies in the past.  What a nice surprise to show up at 8:00 a.m. and have the crew already in place, the makeup and costume stations ready to go and the snack table & coffee ready!  It was even Starbucks!  My life was complete!

The film is set during the 1950's and Cole was looking the part....
...what a cutie.  We were on set from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and for most of the afternoon, he was filming on the playground in the sun.  Needless to say, he was wiped out.  After his shower, I would almost bet money that as soon as he sits on the couch, he will be asleep.  I will not be far behind him.


It cracked me up that the actor dad's had their "station" set up to watch the game...
All the mom's were sitting outside, visiting and enjoying the sunshine while the dad's were yelling at the tv.  Just like home.


We had a beautiful sunset on the way home...


So, while we were gone today, Spencer was gearing up for the big game.  I knew he was ready for it when he got up at 5:50 a.m. and he was humming!  Who hums that early in the morning?  That boy loves sports.


I got this picture in a text while we were on set.  It took me a minute to realize this was Spencer's hand!  Seems he wanted to go all out for the game so he let our neighbor Grace paint his nails.  Hmmm, I hope I have nail polish remover.


The Shea's graciously came and picked up Spencer and he watched the Super Bowl with them.  I know he had a great time because he loves watching any game with Darrin.  So thankful we are close to them.


This week is already shaping up to be a busy one.  I hope you have a great week.  Make sure you find a little quiet time for yourself in this craziness we call life. 


"O Lord, I come before you in prayer."
~Psalms 25:1

No comments:

Post a Comment