If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wishing I was in Margaritaville.

I love me some Jimmy Buffett.  I cannot listen to one of his songs without going back to the time Brad and I rented a house in Key West for our anniversary and spent the entire week traversing the island and indulging in margaritas, and of course, frequenting Jimmy's restaurant.   When I am stressed, I put my ear buds in and let JB take me back to that wonderful week on the beach.

This week, I have listened to a lot of Jimmy.  You may think that being in California would not warrant any stress whatsoever and you would be right with regard to the fabulous weather and the friends we have made.  But, trying to be a mom, dad, wife, teacher, disciplinary, driver, coach, entrepreneur, friend....whew, it all caught up with me this week.  It would have been much, much easier to have stayed at home and never embarked on this adventure but then I remind myself that Brad and I want the boys to take risks and go for something they believe in.  I was never a risk taker and that is one thing I really admire in Brad...he doesn't let fear hold him back from doing something.  I love this quote by Leo F. Buscaglia..."The person who risk nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing.  He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live." 

With all that said, I am looking forward to a quiet and relaxing weekend and a better perspective next week.

Michelle and I decided that it was time to cover up our gray hair that seems to grow twice as fast when we are out here!  So, it was "salon day" in our kitchen (sorry Sarah, I know you will need to do some tweaking when I come to see you in April.)

Michelle, the master mixer!

Guinea pig #1.

Guinea Pig #2.

It covered up the gray and brought out my red highlights!

Last night, Michelle, Susan, Coppelia and I NEEDED Indian cuisine.  There is nothing better than curry, garlic and spice to perk you up (well, except maybe a new pair of shoes.)  We ordered enough food to feed an army and then ate our frustrations into oblivion in the buttered chicken curry, garlic naan and lamb rogan josh.  Needless to say, I finally had a great night's sleep.

It is another beautiful day in So Cal and I think we are going to meet the Shea's at the park and then watch the Razorback game this afternoon.

Have your frustrations been abundant this week?  I am abundantly grateful for a God that listens and cares about every complaint I have.

"God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts.  Use them well to serve one another.  Do you have the gift of speaking?  Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you.  Do you have the gift of helping others?  Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies.  Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ.  All glory and power to him forever and ever!  Amen."
~1 Peter 4:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment