If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, February 13, 2012

Friends & Filming

It was such a fun weekend.  Saturday, we found out that Cole booked a commercial but it was ultra low-budget (a/k/a NO budget) and we had to bring our own costumes, so, Susan, Grace, Freya, Cole, Spencer and I headed to the local thrift store to find garb for a 1950's English messenger boy.  We found pants, shoes, gloves, socks and new wheels for Cole's scooter, all for $12.  Not bad.

We had a brouhaha Saturday night and everyone made a dish to share.  We had so much fun and so much great food.  I do love that God has provided us with wonderful friends while we are on this adventure.

Cole and I left Sunday at noon to head to Venice for the filming.  It is a Microsoft commercial that will only be shown on the Web.
Waiting, waiting, waiting.  We have determined that almost all shoots require very little time for actual filming but a lot of time for waiting to film.  I'll let you know when the commercial is on You Tube.

It was a beautiful day in Venice so it made our eight block walk to our car that much nicer.  Look who we met on the way back to our car...
smoochie poo!  He was so sweet.  I really wanted to bring him back to the apartment with us but I really did not want the owner, who was standing at the front door, to give chase!

Today is a day for catching up on paperwork, grading papers and trying to get a handle on our schedule this week.  When I talked with Brad this morning, it was snowing in Little Rock.  I can honestly say that I am happy to miss it.  I love me some cold weather but I HATE trying to drive in the snow/sleet.
Brad sent this picture and said they are expecting more snow this afternoon.  Glad he has plenty of firewood and propane.

Looks like we might get some rain in LA today.  Wherever you are and whatever your weather, stay safe.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done."
~Philippians 4:6

1 comment:

  1. The costume turned out great. We could have another career, costumers! :)

    ReplyDelete